Dr. Sukanta Kumar Dwibedi
I welcome you to all to the official website of Mayurbhanj Law College, Baripada. I have always drawn inspiration from these words of the Chief Architect of Indian Constitution Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar". Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence." From this perspective, a teacher's sacred duty is to invoke the spirit of inquiry in his students. Improving the quality of education is the task assigned to us; it helps us to build society of our dreams. With demography of young in age and in spirit, we the law colleges have to ensure the quality legal education which is rich in values and modern in content. Of course Mayurbhanj Law college, which began life in 1978, has become one of the premier institutions in the state of Odisha imparting legal education. It has traveled a long way to achieve its goal of being one of the topmost Law Colleges in the State and is proud to have become the alma mater of various legal luminaries. I would like to focus on consolidation, expansion and diversification, with the following key thrust areas:
- To make this institution responsive to ever changing societal needs;
- To make law and legal education as an effective instruments of social, political and economic change in the country;
- To provide independence and autonomy to encourage intellectual freedom and development of personality amongst its students;
- To make sincere efforts to produce committed and efficient professionals who will play decisive leadership roles, not only as lawyers practicing in courts, but also as academics, legislators, judges, policy makers, public officials, civil society activists and the like;
- To strive to integrate the theory and practice of law in campus setting through Moot Court activities;
- Improving Physical Infrastructure to best suit for increasing needs.